These terms and conditions (these “Terms”) govern your registration for and participation at any THE BABY EXPO event (the “Event”) and are an agreement between NJ Mom, LLC (“THE BABY EXPO,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you. You represent to us that you are authorized to enter into these Terms. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the attendee or participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- Event. You may only register for and attend the Event in accordance with these Terms. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay any registration fee. Unless the Event’s registration webpage specifies otherwise or we expressly inform you otherwise, you must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the Event. Event registration is subject to availability and may close earlier than the posted deadline, as determined in our sole discretion. We may also change the Event program at any time in our sole discretion. You will at all times comply with the THE BABY EXPO Community Codes of Conduct.
- Safety and Security. Your safety and security is important to us. You understand that you and your property may be subject to a reasonable search upon entry to the Event. If you refuse to participate in these security measures, we may deny you entry. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave the Event if your behavior causes us concern for the safety or security of Event attendees. If we deny you entry or require you to leave, you will not receive a refund.
- Your Information.3.1 Generally. We handle your information in accordance with the THE BABY EXPO Privacy Notice.
3.2 Sharing with Event Sponsors. We may provide your contact information to Event Sponsors if (a) you elect to attend any sessions, giveaways or other activities at the Event involving Event Sponsors (in which case we would provide your contact information only to the Event Sponsor involved in such session or other activity,) or (b) you opt in during registration or otherwise to receive communications from our Event Sponsors. You can opt out of communications by emailing email@example.com.
3.3 Voice and Image. By participating in the Event experiences, you agree that we may derive information from recordings of your voice and images of your face and retain and use all resulting information, in each case in accordance with the THE BABY EXPO Privacy Notice.
- Recordings and Your Materials. You grant us, our affiliates, and our independent contractors the right to record, film, photograph, and capture your voice and image in any media at the Event (the “Recordings”). You grant to THE BABY EXPO and its affiliates, agents, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, and translate, for any purpose relating to our business, all or any part of the Recordings and Your Materials. We may edit the Recordings and Your Materials, use them alone or together with other information, and allow others to use and disseminate them. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive any moral rights you may have in the Recordings and Your Materials. You represent and warrant that (a) Your Materials are true and accurate to the best of your knowledge, (b) you have the necessary rights and permissions to grant the license in this Section 4, and (c) Your Materials do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Taxes. Each party will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes and other governmental fees, charges, penalties, interest, and additions to such taxes that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the transactions and payments under these Terms. All fees payable by you are exclusive of applicable taxes and duties, including, without limitation, VAT, excise taxes, sales and transaction taxes, and gross receipts taxes (“Indirect Taxes”). THE BABY EXPO may collect Indirect Taxes from you, unless you furnish THE BABY EXPO with a properly completed exemption certificate or a direct payment permit certificate for which THE BABY EXPO may claim an available exemption from Indirect Tax.
- Cancellation. 6.1 By You. All tickets are non-refundable.6.2 By Us. We may cancel the Event at any time for reasons including, for example, availability or suitability of venue or speakers or on security, health, or safety grounds, and we may deny, limit, or cancel your Event registration at any time. We are not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation. If we cancel the Event or your registration and you are in compliance with these Terms, we will issue you a full refund of your Event registration fee.
- Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary, and you understand the nature of the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that you solely assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event.
- Release of Claims. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you (for yourself, your heirs, dependents, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf or as a result of your death or injury) hereby release THE BABY EXPO and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event, the Recordings, or Your Materials.
- Limitations of Liability. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, FOR (A) INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR (B) LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, CUSTOMERS, OPPORTUNITIES, OR GOODWILL. IN ANY CASE, OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ AND LICENSORS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED USD $100. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Waiver. The failure by us to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a present or future waiver of such provision nor limit our right to enforce such provision at a later time. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective.
10.2 Severability. If any portion of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. Any invalid or unenforceable portions will be interpreted to effect and intent of the original portion. If such construction is not possible, the invalid or unenforceable portion will be severed from these Terms, but the rest will remain in full force and effect.
10.3 Force Majeure. We and our affiliates will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms where the delay or failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including acts of God, labor disputes or other industrial disturbances, electrical or power outages, utilities or other telecommunication failures, earthquake, storms, or other elements of nature, blockages, embargoes, riots, acts or orders of government, acts of terrorism, or war.
- Modifications to these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the THE BABY EXPO Site. The modified terms will become effective upon posting. By attending the Event after the effective date of any modifications to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the modified terms. It is your responsibility to check the THE BABY EXPO Site regularly for modifications to these Terms. We last modified these Terms on the date listed at the beginning of these Terms.
11.2 Entire Agreement; English Language. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms supersede all prior or contemporaneous representations, understandings, agreements, or communications between you and us, whether written or verbal, regarding the subject matter of these Terms. We will not be bound by, and specifically object to, any term, condition, or other provision that is different from or in addition to the provisions of these Terms (whether or not it would materially alter these Terms). If we provide a translation of the English version of these Terms, the English version of these Terms will control if there is any conflict.
I hereby accept the Terms and Conditions as stated above.